Europe on a Budget: The Top 10 Destinations On The Continent!
Who wouldn’t love a vacation in Europe? Romantic Castles, Historical Museums, Beautiful Countryside, Delicious Cuisine…The list goes on. But to travel in Europe is not exactly cheap, and worrying about how much everything costs puts a damper on the holiday fun.
This is why we have come up with a list of great places that you can visit in Europe without breaking the bank.
Presenting: The Top Ten Places to visit in Europe on a Budget.
Here we go!
1. Prague, the Czech Republic: This beautiful city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for its enormous castle and Gothic style architecture. Yet Prague is a modern city with active nightlife, and lots of places to find cheap drinks. The Beer is especially good, and inexpensive.
2. Rome, Italy: One of the most beautiful and popular cities in Europe, Rome is still inexpensive compared to other major tourist destinations. It offers beautiful architecture, culture, history and some of the best restaurants and clubs to be found anywhere.
3. Dublin, Ireland: Well known for their foamy, frothy Beer, Dublin is a great budget destination with plenty of bed and breakfast style accommodations. So you wont be spending a fortune on hotels while traveling through the beautiful green countryside.
4. Lisbon, Portugal: Perfect to visit in the summer, Lisbon, the Portuguese capital is not overwhelmingly expensive. Their beaches and cobblestone streets are ideal places to relax and unwind. Some of the best museums and places of cultural interest offer free admission on Sundays, which is an added bonus!
5. Warsaw, Poland: The Polish capital city is one place where you can find luxurious accommodation at low budget prices. Make some unforgettable memories visiting the Old Town, the Royal Castle, and the magnificent gardens of Lazienki Park.
6. Valencia, Spain: A pristine seaside getaway, Valencia is located on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea. It has Golden beaches beautiful parks and colorful local festivals. But it is the attractive prices and great seafood that set this beautiful coastal city apart.
7. Plovdiv, Bulgaria: Known as the ‘Paris of the Balkans’ , Plovdiv is a university town with vibrant nightlife and cheap beer. Its also a historical centre, with an ancient mosque and a Roman amphitheater where Opera’s are performed even today. And all of the city’s attractions can be seen for free every Wednesday on the city tour.
8. Riga, Latvia: Riga has among the best club scenes in all of Europe. The Latvian capital city also boasts some fine Black Balsam Liquor, and affordable accommodation. Quaint and picturesque are the best words to describe the city.
9. Ohrid, Macedonia: Situated in a lush green valley fringed by a clear lake, Ohrid is one of the oldest settlements in all Europe. It’s no sleepy town however, there’s active nightlife and sandy beaches along the lakeside to explore.
10. Crete, Greece: Many worlds on one island. Crete has it all : lofty mountains studded with trails, white beaches, sapphire blue oceans, forests of palms, ancient ruins and modern cities, all drenched in the beautiful Grecian sunlight. All of these awesome destinations can be experienced at cheap prices, and are a must visit when you travel in Europe on a budget!